ADT was established in 1999 as a joint venture between University College London and The Ebara Research Co. Limited of Japan. Before the establishment of ADT, the joint venture parties were involved in a comprehensive R&D collaboration for 9 years in the application of the Inverse Design Code TURBOdesign-1 to Centrifugal Compressors, Pumps and Axial Turbines.
- January 2011 : Release of TURBOdesign Suite 5.0
- April 2009 : Release of TURBOdesign Suite 3.1
- May 2008 : Release of TURBOdesign Suite 3.0
- January 2007 : IDoE Consortium jointly with Engineous on coupling of inverse design with DoE, RSM and MOGA.
- December 2005 : Beta Release of TURBOcfd for incompressible applications.
- October 2005 : Commercial release of TURBOdesign-2.
- September 2004 : ADT/Engineous Software of US agree to collaborate on improving the interface between TURBOdesign-1 and iSIGHT.
- September 2004 : Release of version 2.2 of TURBOdesign-1 allowing coupling of TURBOdesign-1 with in-house or commercial automatic optimization codes such as iSIGHT.
- December 2003 : Release of version 2.0 of TURBOdesign-1 with major new features.
- September 2003 : Partnership agreements with CD ADAPCO and IMPACT Technology of US.
- January 2003 : Release of Beta version of TURBOdesign-2.
- January 2002 : Establishment of the consortium on fan noise.
- April 2001 : Establishment of consortium on TURBOdesign-2- viscous transonic 3D inverse design method. Members include world leading Aero-Engine and Gas Turbine manufacturers.
- January 2001 : Release of version 1.2 of TURBOdesign-1.
- January 2000 : Release of version 1.1 of TURBOdesign-1.
- November 1999 : Commercial release of version 1.0 of TURBOdesign-1.
- June 1999 : Beta version of TURBOdesign-1 was demonstrated in ASME TURBO EXPO.
- November 1998 : ADT was incorporated.