- Design of High Performance Pump Stage
- Design of a Double-Suction Volute Pump
- Multi-Objective Optimisation of a Centrifugal Pump Stage by Means of Design of Experiment Coupled with Inverse Design Method
- Redesign of an Industrial Compressor Stage
- Design of Refrigeration Compressor Stage in R134a
- Design of an Inducer Pump with High Suction Performance and Backflow Control
- Design of an Automobile Torque Converter
- Design of a Cooling Fan
- Design of a Double-Suction Fan Stage
- Hydraulic Design Optimisation of a Torque Converter
- Design of a 3 Stage Axial LP Turbine for Aeroengine Applications
- Design High Efficiency Impellers with Splitter Blades
- Design High Performance Centrifugal Compressor Impellers
- Design High Performance Centrifugal Compressor Vaned Diffusers
- Design High Performance Axial Turbine Stages with More Uniform Exit Flow
- Optimization of Pump Blades Using Three Dimensional Inverse Design Method
- Hydrodynamic Design System for Pumps Based on 3-D CAD, CFD and Inverse Design Method
- Choice of Optimum Blade Loading in Application of 3D Inverse Design to Design of Pumps and Fans.
- Hydrodynamic Design of Pump Diffuser Using Inverse Design Method and CFD
- A Fast 3D Inverse Design Based Multi-Objective Optimization Strategy for Design of Pumps
- Design of Mixed Flow Pump Stage Using TURBOdesign1 and CFD Code, Hyosung
- Development of New Vertical Line Shaft Pumps
- Design of a Second Stage Hydrogen Rocket Turbopump by TURBOdesign1
- Application of TURBOdesign1 for the Compact Design of Rocket Engine Turbopump - JAXA
- CDI Marine Applies TURBOdesign1 & CFD to Design a Marine Waterjet
Design Optimisation of a Strongly Interacting Diffuser Pump Stage
Investigate detailed flow structure and loss mechanism in a diffuser pump and redesign impeller and diffuser blade to reduce losses and improve stage efficiency.
Redesigned geometry of the impeller and diffuser.
Based on unsteady flow predictions the redesigned stage showed up to 4 points improvement in efficiency.
Fig.1: Pump impeller and diffuser arrangement.
Fig.2: Streamline plots of the conventional diffuser showing a separation bubble
Fig.3: Streamline plots of stage designed by TURBOdesign1